Interactive Anatomy Resource
Bates' Visual Guide to Physical Examination
Taylor's Video Guide to Clinical Nursing Skills
Videos & Media
The Library has DVDs and streaming videos that include both feature films and educational material. Videos can be found in the library catalogue, OCtopus, or by browsing specific collections .
Find DVDs and Streaming Videos
There are different ways to search for items. For example:
- by keywords
- by subject heading (a specific word or phrase from a defined list)
- by title
There are different ways to refine or limit your search results. For example:
- limit to: videos/DVD/streaming videos on basic search page
- by location (video collection or online)
- by format (motion picture or video recording)
- Basic Search
- Use the "limit to" drop down and select: Videos/DVD/ Streaming Videos
- Advanced Search: Use limiters such as:
- Location: Online or Video Collection
- Format: Videorecording or Motion Picture
- Use the advanced search limiter: Online Only
- Run your initial search, then use the resource type limiter: Videos and/or electronic resources
Click on Find > Find Videos
- Click the Articles & Databases tab
- Click ALL, under "Find databases by title"
- On the results page, choose 'Streaming Video' from dropdown for "DatabaseType"
- Under Quick Links click on Streaming Videos
A few examples of subject headings you can use in the OC Library catalogue.
Communication in nursing
Evidence based medicine
Nurse and patient
Nursing study and teaching
Wounds and injuries
Need Help Now?
Chat online with a librarian and find answers to your questions.
Sunday-Thursday 10 a.m - 9 p.m.
Friday & Saturday 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
This site is maintained by the librarians of Okanagan College Library.
If you wish to comment on an individual page, please contact that page's author.
If you have a question or comment about Okanagan College Library's LibGuides site as a whole, please contact the site administrator.