Skip to Main Content
Library Home Page and the big database (search engine)- OCTOPUS!
Enter your main terms/keywords and use the button to start your SEARCH.
- Add other keywords in the spaces below to narrow your topic.
- Limit on the left, by publication date/range, Resource Type (eg. Ebooks, academic journals, magazines), database etc.
- Limit on the left, by Catalogue Only (Books & Media) to find physical books and DVDs held in campus libraries.
- Look for icons next to search results: Quick Lesson, Evidence Based Care Sheet
LINKS to Reliable Information
Start with these instructor pre-selected sites.
For more sites appropriate for HCA assignments & professional work, click the Websites tab in the left menu.
The recommended starting point! Go to Illnesses and Conditions, to learn about common health concerns and how to prevent or treat them.
The Merck Manual of Diagnosis and Therapy change from Professional Version to Consumer Version. Find Quick Facts, Patient Education and Videos
DATABASES available through the college:
- CINAHL & Nursing Reference Center are very useful databases for health information. Within each database, there are search links and results to Evidence Based Care Sheets and Quick Lessons.
Many of OC Library's online resources are licensed for use by students and employees. You may be prompted to log in with your MyOkanagan username and password if you are off-campus.
This site is maintained by the librarians of Okanagan College Library.
If you wish to comment on an individual page, please contact that page's author.
If you have a question or comment about Okanagan College Library's LibGuides site as a whole, please contact the site administrator.