After you have found a book through the library catalogue or OCtopus, you need the following information to locate it:
Campus: If a book is not at your campus, you can request the item
Location: Where the book is found in the library (circulating, reference, or video shelves)
Call Number: The call number on the spine is used to find the book on the shelf
Status: Available or checked out (you can place a hold on a book that is checked out)
To help you browse the Library shelves, try the following areas:
View your Library account and renew materials. Your library account also shows the status of items you've requested from another OC campus library.
Courtesy email notices are sent to your email. These courtesy emails are sent when a two-week loan item must be returned or renewed and when a requested item has arrived from another library.
OC Library has a growing collection of electronic books. You can view them off-campus, search the full text, and save them to your own personalized electronic bookshelf. You must be an authenticated user to view e-books off campus.
1) Use the OC Library catalogue to search print book and a selection of e-book collections in the OC Library.
- When you see a book marked [electronic resource] or with available E-Book, use the 'click here (OC students, instructors and staff only) link' e-book link in the detailed book record screen.
- Alternately for eBooks specifically, at the Basic Search screen, select Limit to: Online or at the Results screen, in the right blue action box, Filter Your Search: click Online. (Note: results will also include streaming video titles)
2) Use the OCtopus search to find a larger number of e-book collections.
- Enter your search terms. At results screen, in left menu column Refine Results, click Limit to: Resources types: eBooks
Many of OC Library's online resources are licensed for use by students and employees. You may be prompted to log in with your MyOkanagan username and password if you are off-campus.
This site is maintained by the librarians of Okanagan College Library.
If you wish to comment on an individual page, please contact that page's author.
If you have a question or comment about Okanagan College Library's LibGuides site as a whole, please contact the site administrator.