- Is the document directly related to your research topic?
- Is the information at correct level for your assignment?
- Is the information from a scholarly peer-reviewed source?
- Who is the author(s)?
- Is the author a recognized authority in this field?
- What are author's credentials?
- Is this author cited by other researchers in this area?
- What is the authors affiliation?
- Is contact information for the author provided?
- Who is the publisher and are they know for publishing information on the subject?
- Date of publication?
- Is information current and up-to-date?
- Is the the research methodology employed by the author provided?
- Is it a sound search methodology employed by other research in the field?
- Does the author include a literature review?
- Is there a reference list of cited works?
- Does the author provide a clearly reasoned argument supported by identifiable logic, facts and data?
- Does the author consider alternate interpretations of the evidence?
- Does the author appear to have any identifiable bias?
- Has the author omitted and relevant information or data that other people writing on the subject have included?
- Is the author affiliated with a group, business or organization that is selling something?
- Where did the author's research funding come from?
Citations & Reference List
- Has the author included citations to the information that they have used to create their article?
- Does the author provide a Reference List for the citations used in the article?
This site is maintained by the librarians of Okanagan College Library.
If you wish to comment on an individual page, please contact that page's author.
If you have a question or comment about Okanagan College Library's LibGuides site as a whole, please contact the site administrator.