Skip to main content
Contact an OC Librarian
Chat with a Librarian
Chat online with a librarian and find answers to your questions.
Sunday-Thursday 10 a.m - 9 p.m.
Friday & Saturday 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Where is Everything?
Library: 2nd Floor
- Circulation Desk: check out library materials, including laptops
- Research Help Desk: get help with citations, finding materials, and research
- Learning Centre: get math, English, science, ESL, and business help
- Computer stations: common work space, but be mindful of those around you
- Computer lab: silent space for work/study when there is no class
- Printers: on the far side of the glass room (print from library computers with a printing card from circulation)
- IT Monitor: get help with printing and computers
- Reference collection: use these encyclopedias and dictionaries inside the library
Library: 3rd Floor
- Study rooms: book these through myOkanagan
- Circulating collection: these are the books that you can check out
- Media collection: DVDs, CDs, and VHS tapes
- Media viewing area: watch the VHS tapes and DVDs here
- Study carrels: a silent study space
- All other seating on the third floor is for quiet study (quiet conversations allowed)
The Library Homepage
- OCtopus: searches almost every database (collection of resources) the library has and gives you a list of results sorted by relevance. This is always a good place to start your search
- Books & Media: searches the catalogue (print books and physical items). This is a good place to search if you want/need a real book
- Articles and Databases: a list of databases that you can narrow down by subject or by what kind of resource (newspapers, academic journals, videos, etc.) you need. Many of these are searched for you in OCtopus, but sometimes it is better to search them individually.
- Research & Subject Guides: a list of guides that are designed to help you with specific subjects or courses, just like this one
- Citation Guides: help for references and citing in different styles, such as MLA
This site is maintained by the librarians of Okanagan College Library.
If you wish to comment on an individual page, please contact that page's author.
If you have a question or comment about Okanagan College Library's LibGuides site as a whole, please contact the site administrator.