Welcome to the Human Service Work LibGuide!
During this challenging time, government agencies from across the globe have created excellent resources regarding the COVID-19. Please see a list of some useful resources in the boxes below that will be helpful for your practicum assignment.
Please contact us with any questions you may have and any additional resources you come across in your research to add to this list.
|SALMON ARM CAMPUS
Campus Librarian, Salmon Arm
Campus Librarian, Vernon
See also: Health Care Assistant LibGuide (by Michelle Ward, Kelowna Campus Librarian)
Part I: Target Population HSW 130
As you consider the course outcomes above, we would like you to focus this assignment on the people served by your previously identified practicum agency. For example, if you were going to be supporting people with diversabilities, mental health issues, youth, etc. we would like you to identify these people as your target population.
Please respond to the following questions:
1. What additional needs might this client population realize in this time of crisis? How do these additional needs impact how we practice the skills/qualities described by the Course Outcomes?
2. Given these additional needs - and the restrictions imposed by this crisis - how might service delivery need to change? To answer this question, you might review agency websites and social media.
3. Please don’t contact your practicum agencies at this time. You may expand your (online) research to include websites of those agencies that serve a similar population, if you like. Please focus on learning of modifications to service delivery.
Part I: Target Population HSW 230
This assignment will provide an opportunity for you to build upon your practice framework to explore related ethical nuances.
To begin, answer these questions:
● How do you provide support to the population identified in your practice framework while adhering to physical distance guidelines?
● What are some of the options?
● How do you provide support to people who are in crisis at this time?
● Given your target populations’ additional needs - and the restrictions imposed by this crisis - how might service delivery need to change? To answer this question, you can review agency websites and social media associated with your target population. How do these additional needs impact how we address the skills/qualities described by the Course Outcomes?
● We would like to minimize agencies being contacted in these demanding times. So if there are agencies that are similar, you can also research their websites and social media to find out the changes they are making to their service delivery and the safety precautions they are making.
British Columbia COVID-19 https://bc.thrive.health/
Covid Self-Assessment Tools and Apps
Help to stop the spread and stay informed by using these tools:
|Support App & Self-Assessment Tool||Self-Assessment Tool|
WHO | World Health Organization
WHO's primary role is to direct international health within the United Nations' system and to lead partners in global health responses. ... Smithsonian Science Education Center With Support of the World Health Organization Launches New COVID-19 Guide for Youth. 21 May 2020. News release . WHO and UNHCR join forces to improve health services for refugees, displaced and stateless people.
This site is maintained by the librarians of Okanagan College Library.
If you wish to comment on an individual page, please contact that page's author.
If you have a question or comment about Okanagan College Library's LibGuides site as a whole, please contact the site administrator.